In the due course of the nineties we have turned a part of our modest premises into a small scale camping from an idealistic point of view. There appeared to be a need to recreate in a rural setting. Gradually we have adjusted our offer to these needs.
Over time we have connected to organizations such as VeKaBo (organization for countryside recreation); the Groene Koepel – Hiker’s cabins; ANWB – mini campings; ACSI – Eurocampings.
Facilities and possibilities
- At the Vasthi-hoeve there are a limited number of camping places. The comfort is maximal, however.
- The municipality of Heerenveen acknowledge the Vasthi-hoeve as Fairtrade.
- We strive for a proper sorted waste management and ask our guests to cooperate in this as well.
- Bicycles and motorbikes can use an indoor parking.
- Cars are parked separately from the camp site.
- Camper vans are welcome.
- A playground for: jeu de boules, badminton and volley ball.
- Opposite the camping is a general recreation ground, a football field and cable-railway.
- 2 public washing accommodations
- 2 separate washing cabins with wall sockets for shaving or hair drying
- 2 showers with a 50 euro cents slot-machine
- 2 toilets
- 1 discharge toilet
- Free WiFi
- 1 kitchen unit for general use
- In the kitchen unit there is a four burner gas-ring which is exclusively for the guests of the hiker’s hut. Only by exception and after consultation it can be used by other guests.
The recreation room
- The recreation room can be used freely by everyone
- Games and books are available
- Consumption is not obliged.
- You can use the drinks at the bar. Tea, coffee as well as other self-services are available against payment.
- Possibilities to play table tennis or play shovel.
- At your request there are walking routes available as well as routes for cycling, art and culture.
- In general, we assume that our mini camping is quiet. The recreation room can be used both by day and in the evening to guarantee a good feeling for everyone.